Friday, July 13, 2012

The Perfect Beginning!

Hi everyone! I just have to say that I feel extremely blessed that this journey has come into play so quickly. One day we are merely thinking about being surrogate parents and the next day we are going to be surrogate parents! It is exhilarating! Between the time of putting in our application with our agency, being accepting, interviewing over skype, reviewing one profile, and meeting the very same couple we are MATCHED! Already?! One month later and Here We Are! We are very thankful and appreciative for our lucky agency friends to have set us up with our wonderful IP's!

This couple could not be more of what we were looking for. They are smart, dedicated, and simply respectful! They have made this journey so far about us as a whole and it is so nice to be appreciated. They want to be involved to support us throughout the pregnancy but are putting the safety of their child in our hands (my body) and trusting us while we all continue on with our daily lives. Lets face it, life gets busy and chaotic so they will not be able to be their for every visit but they are already so good to me. She e-mails me regularly and checks to see how we are doing and I'm not even pregnant yet. What a beautiful person! She is also making time out of her daily working schedule to come to our pre-screening appointment.

That's right, we have our official appointment date! August 9th! I am going to their fertility clinic for my medical and psychological pre-screening. My nurse has explained that this appointment involves a uterine ultrasound to make sure things are looking perfect, blood work, a psychologist consult to make sure Ben and I are fully prepared for our journey, and a time for us to be able to sit and go over the medical process and ask questions. Ben and I are looking forward to meeting with our couple again and forming a close bond because what can make two families closer than helping them have their own child? Beats Me! I am happy all of this has come together so wonderfully and I am looking forward to our 3 hour trip to the clinic.


I will keep you updated... (:



No comments:

Post a Comment