Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Dream to a Reality - For Both Families!

I am a firm supporter of the Baby Bullet and think it is possibly the best baby accessory I own, besides my daughter Ava's jumperoo (She would never forgive me if I ever took her jumperoo away from her). We went to Ava's 6 month check-up appointment yesterday and our doctor gave us the go to start experimenting with most fruits and vegetables. We have been slowly introducing the low-risk allergy foods to her since she was 4 months old but have been very anxious to try some new things.

Being my day off Ava and I took a little shopping trip to Meijer to gather all different sorts of yummy goodness! I am so shocked at how wonderful Meijer's produce is compared to Wal-Mart! This was my official first grocery trip to Meijer because I have been stuck in my ways and chose not to wander outside my element a little. I am glad I did! Although, it was difficult finding things because I am not familiar with the layout and they were under some sort of store wide construction. Great timing I know! I left with an abundance of fruits and vegetables and here goes the fun yet boring list :)

Green Beans
Broccoli
Peaches
Yellow Squash
Pears
Blueberries
Strawberries
Grapes
Plums
Pineapple
Avocado
Bananas
Apples
Mango
Papaya
Kiwi
Carrots
Sweet Potatoes

Whew! I swear the woman at our check out thought I was psycho! All she said was, "you sure do eat healthy!" hehehehe Then she saw the giant package of Coke behind it all for my husband Ben! Too Funny! I came right home and began blending everything that was ripe and separating each thing in individual containers. I had Ben run to the store to get even more containers because I had so much stuff and needed more room! Lets just say that Ava eats better than the whole family and now we have over a months worth stocked up and ready to go!

The moral of this story and how it ties into our journey is that I realize coming out of this pregnancy that I will not be getting up every 2 hours, changing diapers, or preparing Baby Bullet food. Coming home we will be without a baby and with the best memories of our experience. In the end we will know that this is all for such an amazing family and we helped make a difference in their life. It will definitely be quite the change of pace. Ben is beginning to wonder what I would do if I had absolutely nothing to do. I always have 5 things going on at once and yet it seems to all run extremely smooth while things just go into place.

I sit here, writing this "diary" if you will, while the kids are sound asleep in their rooms and I just feel so happy more so blessed to have them. David and Ava sleep in all types of crazy positions and watching them toss and turn their way through their dreams leads me to want to help this family even more! This family is incredibly deserving to have their own biological child and I feel so awesome that I am apart of them having just that!

More News: Our pre-screening date will be moving up a little sooner than August 9th! Our IP's are very anxious to get things done as soon as possible and have helped us get with the clinic and move up our date. We will not know the new appointment date until Monday but are very excited to get all of this set up and to get me ready for the big transfer day!

Have a great weekend everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! I'm so excited to support you and learn with you throughout your amazing journey! <3

    ReplyDelete